“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
For years, I never understood the power of travel. I never thought that travel would ever interest me. I used to think, “Why would anybody ever want to go there?” How wrong I was.
Over the past few years, travel has changed my life. I have been bitten by the wanderlust bug, and there is definitely no turning back. Besides my family, traveling the world has become my true passion. I am so stoked to share the marvelous gift of travel with you here at Travel Blue Book!
For starters, here are a few things that we believe about travel:
- We believe traveling has the power to break down barriers through the shared experience of different cultures, building relationships, and promoting acceptance through personal contact.
- We believe that travel enriches our own lives, invigorates our souls, and emboldens our spirit.
- We believe in travel as a dream. Whether it is a life-long goal or a moment of spontaneity, whether you depart on your own or with a guided tour, we encourage you to follow those dreams with an open heart and an open mind.
- We believe that traveling changes lives for the better. It not only helps people to discover corners of the world that they never knew existed, but it also helps them discover and awaken unknown parts of themselves.
- We believe that travel helps to convey the human experience of all that live here.
- We believe in the ability of websites like this one to help promote these beliefs and to encourage their implementation.
We need you!
If you hold the same beliefs that we’ve laid out above or if you have found value in this website, we need your help! We are looking to build the most informative, informational, exciting, and entertaining travel website in the history of the world, you dig?!? Our aim is to build a movement of travelers dedicated to sharing their love of travel and spreading these ideals.
So, how can you help? Spread the word and share your love of travel with others. Share this website with people who you believe could benefit from it. Support our efforts by following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook, and add us to your circle on Google+. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive some great offers and extra content.
Most of all, we want you to join us! Send us your incredible, adventurous, unique, or just plain fun stories by submitting them to our “Readers’ Stories” category. Click on the link to learn more. We’d love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! We appreciate you being here and hope that we are able to help you in your future journeys. Thanks again, and happy travels!
— Greg Johnson, Founder of Travel Blue Book